Frequently asked questions
Water is dripping out of the combisteamer’s door
- If the door is closed correctly, the door handle will point down to the floor.
The door seal is warn or damaged
- Replace the door seal (see the manual “Maintenance”).
Care instruction for a maximum service life:
- After the end of the cooking process, clean the seal with a dump cloth.
- If lots of grilled products are cooked, then the door seal must be cleaned with a dump cloth after every cycle.
- If the unit is to be operated for a long time without products, we recommend that the cooking cabinet temperature should not exceed 180 °C.
Noise is heard in the cooking cabinet while the combisteamer is in use
- Fix the air baffles and the grid shelves correctly
Cooking cabinet light is not working
- Change the lamp (see the manual for help)
Water level is low: flashing water valve symbol
- Open the water valve
The water intake filter on the unit is clogged
- Check and clean the filter. Follow the instructions: Close the water valve; remove and clean the water intake filter; mount it again, connect the water intake and check for leaks.
Water is running out from the bottom of the combisteamer
- Level the unit (see manual for help)
The drain is blocked
- Remove and clean the drain pipe. This blockages can occur if products with a high proportion of fat are cooked frequently or if the drop of the drain pipe is to shallow.
How to remedy that:
- Mount the drain pipe as described in the installation instructions.
- Clean the combisteamer regularly with the CleanJet® program
The combisteamer does not function after it is switched on
- Switch on the main switch
The fuse has tripped
- Check and replace the fuse
The ambient temperature remained below 5 °C for a long time
- Heat the cooking cabinet to 20 °C. The appliance shall not be used at low ambient temperature (see the installation instructions).
Foam forms on the outlet pipe during rinsing with the CleanJet program
- Always use as many tablets as the combisteamer advices. Reduce the number of tablets if a water softener is connected or if the water is naturally soft (see the manual ‘CleanJet®’)
The outlet pipe is not properly installed
- Install the outlet as described in the installation manual
During a CleanJet® process the run time is suddenly increased.
- Make sure that the air baffle of the fan is fixed correctly. There must be no containers in the cooking cabinet during the CleanJet® process.
The combisteamer indicates “Change polarity”
- If the unit is connected to a socket, remove the plug and turn it trough 180 °. An electrician can permanently connect the unit without a plug with the correct polarity.
The combisteamer constantly displays “Reset”
- Open the gas valve
The gas pressure is to low
- Check the gas supply to the unit
The cooking mode button is flashing
- Cool down the combisteamer using the menu “Cooling down the cooking cabinet” (see paragraph “Cool down” of the “General user instructions”)